Sarah Noriya Kraus
The Department of Social Affairs (Referat Soziales) handles individual questions and cases regarding emerging problems of various kinds for students.
We hear out every single one of you and we are there for you - independently from your worry. Your inquest will be treated a 100% discretely and there are no requests to be ashamed of. Contact us if you do not know where else to go - even if you are not sure whether your issue is part of our range of duty.
We support you in your search for the right expert. The latter might include the university psychologist, a lawyer or various other places that can be reached for advice like the branches of the university`s so-called Campusfamilie. What topics did we engage in so-far?:
- Overdue deadlines for the grading of exams by your supervisor
- Failed exams in the 3rd try
- Failed internship o Failed bachelor/master thesis
- Exceeding the maximum number of retakes
- Living and Finances
- Housing benefit
- Notice of termination
- Delayed student registration
- Long-term study fees
- Work + Insurance
- Status as student in association with mini-job, internship, … ▪ Maximum income and working hours
- Insurance status: health insurance, other insurance
- (Chronical) illness
- Compensation of disadvantages
- Acceptance of doctor`s certificates (also in association with mental health problems, in close collaboration with the university psychologist and the psychosocial consultants)
- Breaks regarding entire semesters
- Problems of international students in close collaboration with the Department of International Affairs (Referat Internationales) (GEZ among others)
- Changing your subject of studies
- Recognition of other universities` or countries` credits
- Studying with a child/children
- Student Services (Dorms, etc.)
We treat your request discretely, assist you with drafting motions, suggest contacts, assist you in your encounters with administrations and others – also involving your Students Council and more on request.
Please also consider our semiannual scholarship mixer. Therefore, we invite different beneficiaries and scholarship representatives for a casual get-together on campus. Furthermore, we offer information events regarding examination periods at TU Ilmenau as well as relevant legal background information and regulations around it.
Contact us via mail (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). We will get back to you as soon as possible. In case your request is very time-sensitive, we ask you to personally stop by at the Student Councils office (Basement, House A, Room 013) or contact the Student Council via phone (03677/691914).
You can download the presentation slides of our last student finance information workshop regarding "Financing your studies in times of crisis" here.
Are you in financial difficulties yourself? Please contact us.