The department for information technology (IT) is in charge of all information-processing systems of the student body. This comprises beside the technical and administrative support also user training courses, data protection and data safety. The department works on the realization of an abstract committee workplace, which provides technical resources to all active student representatives for an optimal representation work. Thereby the members of the department prefer using free software and open standards to minimize the charges for the students and the student body.
The department was founded in 2006 and aims at pooling the resources and competences in the field of IT involving the student body consisting of the members of the Students Council and the student representatives.
The department is among others the contact person with regard to the following devices and services of the student body, especially the Students Council and the student representatives.
- lock systems in the basement of house A
- computer workstations and data network in the rooms of the student body and the student representatives
- telephone and fax facilities in the office of the Students Council
- (service) printing and scanning in the basement of house A
- (service) centralised data storage with backup
- (service) document administration (wiki)
- (service) appointment overview (calendar)
- (service) website, as far as not in the scope of the university’s computer centre or editorial design
- (service) E-Mail, as far as not in the scope of the university’s computer centre
- (service) administration of bug reports (bugtracker)
- (software) electronic electoral register, electronic vote count, electronic publication of the election outcome
Software applications/ Web services
We’d like to give thanks to the developers of free software and the authors of open standards for their work.