Sarah Noriya Kraus
You are in financial straits? The Student Counsil (StuRa) offers loans for students in need. A one-time payment of up to 1,800 € (without interests/fees, cash-free) could be granted under certain circumstances:
- First, a member of the Department of Social Affairs (Referat Soziales) must be contacted for a first counseling session and the determination of your financial `need` based on the StuRa credit guideline. Please contact the department via e-mail (email@example.com) for further information.
- Afterwards, financial details and your situation must be presented before StuRa. We assure you to handle all your data very discretely.
- Once your data has been reviewed StuRa votes on your application and your loan might be granted. An amount that exceeds the 1,800 € could be granted if a security can be provided.
- In case of a granted loan the terms of payment will be established in a contract. Negotiations on those terms will be based on your individual circumstances.
- However, the loan must be paid back in full measure – on time. A plan on how the money can be reimbursed and all possible risks attached to it must be presented in advance with the initial application.
Please note: Clubs and student organizations of that kind can be recipients of the StuRa-loan as well.