Funding of projects
One of the tasks of the StuRa is to use the contributions paid by the students to support projects that benefit the students. If you still need money for a project that will enrich several students, we would be happy to support you.
What are we funding?
In general, all student projects in which a benefit for the student body is recognizable. This includes cultural events, lectures, trips to trade fairs, sports events...
- Funded projects should comply with the principles of economy and thrift.
- We do NOT support economic projects (e.g. sales) and the serving of alcoholic beverages.
How do we fund?
The most common model is risk promotion. This means that a guarantee is given for an agreed amount, and after the event has taken place, a check is made on the basis of the statement of account to see how much is paid out by us, but at most the previously agreed amount.
In justified individual cases, advance payment or a loan is also possible. We also provide material support.
What do I have to do if I want to apply for funding for a project?
- The first point of contact is the Department Finances. This is where we discuss whether and which funding opportunities exist.
- The next step is to prepare a written application. This will be submitted to the StuRa for voting. For more information see Opens internal link in current windowAntrag.
- IMPORTANT: There are deadlines for each item, and our funding opportunities depend heavily on meeting them. In principle, 7 days should elapse between each step mentioned above, and the same applies between the grant and the event itself. This means that for a successful grant you should contact the Finance Department at least three weeks before the event.
What remains to be done after the meeting?
In order for the funding to be paid out, we need proof that it has been used properly. Therefore, a statement of account should be prepared after the event. The deadline for this is 6 months, after which the grant will expire. In justified cases, an extension of the deadline can be granted; this must be applied for and justified in writing, and will then be voted on by the StuRa.